When your car brakes start grinding, squealing or causing jerks, it may be time to have your brakes inspected. If you notice pedal pulsation, binding, vibrations or dragging when operating your car’s clutch, it could be because of faulty clutches. In any circumstance, contact the expert mechanics at Continental Tyres Dandenong to benefit from brake repair and clutch repair. We also offer brake repairs and clutch repair service in Hallam, Dandenong and other surrounding south eastern suburbs.
Types of Brakes
Brakes are important safety features for vehicles because they stop a car from moving and losing control. There are different brake types within a vehicle.
- Disc Brakes: These consist of a disc brake rotor attached to the wheel and a caliper to hold the disc brake pads. The friction between the rotor and pads causes a car to stop or slow down.
- Drum Brakes: Drum brakes comprise a wheel cylinder, brake return springs, brake shoes and a wheel-attached brake drum. The friction between the drum and shoes causes your car to stop or slow down.
- Emergency Brakes: The emergency braking system isn’t powered by any hydraulic system. Instead, they use cables to apply the brakes mechanically. Emergency brakes include the stick lever between the passenger and driver seat, a pedal on the floor or a push button on the steering column. They are usually applied to keep vehicles stationary when parked.
- Anti-Lock Brakes: Anti-lock brakes are present in newer models. These prevent the wheels from locking up, so the tyres don’t skid. This system monitors the wheel speed and automatically applies brake pressure on wheels when skidding is noticed.
Brake Repairs & Service Dandenong
2. Just replacing your brake pads every now and then isn’t good enough. There are many parts to a brake system that need checking and, in some cases, replacing. Your local Continental Tyres Dandenong can take a look at your brakes and advise you on what needs to be done.
When was the last time you had your brakes checked? Visit your Continental Tyres Dandenong Brake Specialist today to ensure that your car’s braking system will never fail you.
Clutch Repair Service
At Continental Tyres Dandenong, our mechanics will check your gearbox and transaxle to identify potential problems with your clutch. We have the expertise to let you know what needs repair and what needs replacement when it comes to the clutch of your car. Rely on us to give you the best clutch repair Dandenong service.
Our Service Area:
Dandenong, Cranbourne, Keysborough, Noble Park, Narre Warren,
Berwick, Rowville, Endeavour Hills, Hallam, Hampton Park, Springvale,
and other Southern Suburbs