Wheel alignment involves adjusting the angles of the wheels, so that they are perpendicular to the ground and parallel to each other. If the wheels are not aligned, it can cause excessive tyre wear, along with steering and tracking problems. At Continental Tyres Dandenong, our expert mechanics provide wheel alignment services for all types of cars.
Understanding Wheel Alignment Terms
To better understand wheel alignment, you should know the functions camber, caster and toe. The camber is the angle of the wheel when seen from the front of the vehicle. If the top half of the wheel leans out from the car centre, then the camber is positive. When the wheel leans in, the camber is negative. The caster is the angle of the steering pivot. This is the point that attaches the front wheels to the suspension system when viewed from the side of the vehicle. If the top of the pivot leans towards the rear of the car, then the caster is positive. If it leans towards the front, the caster is negative. The toe difference is the distance between the front and rear of the tyres. Toe-in means the front of the tyres are closer than the back, while toe-out refers to the opposite.
How Continental Tyres Dandenong Can Help You?
At Continental Tyres, we offer all types of services for your needs.
- Four-wheel alignment: For four-wheel alignment, we use specialised technology to measure the caster, camber and toe difference to ensure that they match the specifications provided by the manufacturer.
- Front and rear wheel alignment: We will check the front and back of tyres to ensure that every single wheel is properly aligned to ensure that you have a safe drive throughout.
Getting your wheels aligned with Continental Tyres will bring you a myriad of benefits:
- Prevents wearing out of tyres.
- Increases tyre lifespan.
- Prevents cars from pulling towards one side.
- Provides safer vehicle control.
- Enhanced fuel efficiency.
You should ideally get your wheels aligned every time you purchase a set of new tyres. If you have an accident or hit a pothole, you may need to get your wheels aligned. Alternatively, old tyres can be aligned at least twice a year to preserve their optimum functionality. No matter what your situation is, let Continental Tyres Dandenong provide you with reliable and value-for-money wheel alignment services for all your needs.
Our Service Area:
Dandenong, Cranbourne, Keysborough, Noble Park, Narre Warren,
Berwick, Rowville, Endeavour Hills, Hallam, Hampton Park, Springvale,
And other South eastern Suburbs